About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Monday, November 13, 2017

dog on the bank

www.mfa.org Leonard A. Lauder Collection of Japanese Postcards
This luminous, immediate little lithograph postcard was created in late Meiji-era Japan by an unknown artist.  (The Meiji era dated from October 23, 1868 to July 30, 1912.)  You can see the object's page at the Boston MFA here.

1 comment:

parlance said...

Beautiful. It's strange, but I hadn't realised people in Asia relate so well to dogs. I guess I've been prejudiced without realising it. Prejudice creeps up on us, doesn't it?